Cox Flexion Distraction Therapy
What is the Cox® Technic?
The Cox Technic is an advanced and gentle chiropractic adjustment for neck and back pain that drastically reduces the ill effects, risks and high costs of surgery and can be more effective. Treatment occurs on a specially designed, partially motorized chiropractic table, The Cox Table for flexion-distraction. The table has a movable headpiece and a movable caudal piece, which is the part on which a patients legs lie. Each section flexes, extends, laterally bends and circumducts (a combination of flexion and lateral flexion) and long-y-axis plane distracts.
What does Cox® Flexion – Distraction Therapy do?
- Decreases disc protrusion
- Enlarges the intervertebral foraminal opening by 28 percent
- Reduces painful pressure on the spinal nerve
- Repositions the vertebral joins to enable less painful movement
- Significantly increases intervertebral disc height
What conditions can be treated by Cox® Flexion – Distraction Therapy?
- Degenerated discs
- Herniated, bulging and ruptured discs
- Leg and hip pain due to sciatica
- Neck and arm pain
- Post-operative failed back surgical syndromes
- Spinal stenosis